Thursday, January 19, 2017

This is my first time participating in the #24in48 readathon ever and I'm so excited! Let me just note that I have participated in a one very similar to it, called Dewey's 24 Readathon if you're familiar at all with that! On average, I usually finish 3-4 book in this time-span, but let's get onto my TBR!
A couple of interesting facts that I've noticed about my selection:
3 out of 4 are debuts
3 out of 4 are 2017 releases and e-ARCs
3 out of 4 are above 300 pages (uggh I don't know about this one)
"Beloved author Brunonia Barry returns to the world of THE LACE READER with this spellbinding new thriller, a complex brew of suspense, seduction and murder." (blurb from NetGalley)

A mystery thriller about murder? Enough to keep my blood going. I don't know, nor do I want to know anything else going into to this, suffice it to say that I'm uber excited to get started!

Page Count: 432
Pub. Date: Jan. 24, 2017 from Crown 




"For readers of Meg Wolitzer and Adelle Waldman, and in the tradition of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, comes a bold and vibrant debut novel about friendship, art, ambition—and the secrets we keep and the burdens we shed on the road to adulthood." (blurb from NetGalley)

Apparently this book features art, as noticed on the cover and it about female friendship which are tangly and complicated... mmm my favorite! 

Page Count: 384
Pub Date: Jan. 31, 2017 from Random House





"In his debut novel, YouTube personality and author of We Should Hang Out Sometime Josh Sundquist explores the nature of love, trust, and romantic attraction."

From what I can tell, the main character in this book is blind, hence why the title is what it is. I'm interested to see how the disability is represented, and if I'm feeling up to a lighter read, a romance, then I'll be looking to pick this up!

Page Count: 281
Pub. Date: Jan. 3, 2017 from Little Brown



An exquisitely told, authentic YA debut about family secrets, the shadow of fame, and finding your own way.

This book is going to be my backup book, when my eyes inevitably get tired from reading my Kindle literally all day. I think that this synopsis has me intrigued, (another female friendship going on) and especially the element of band members. 

Page Count: 352
Pub. Date: Nov. 29, 2016 from HarperTeen






No comments:

Post a Comment