Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tag, You're DeadTag, You're Dead by J.C. Lane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book stressed me out; exactly like psychological thriller should.

If you like doing puzzles, than this is the perfect putting-together-pieces type of book. The narration is in 3rd person, and you actually get all 6 characters' POV, which the "intertwined" feeling that I personally really get a kick out of.

Throughout the book, I continuously kept on reading the title as "Tag, You're IN." Honestly, I don't want to go too deep into the synopsis details of that book, I just think that the /accurate/ title give enough of the premise. I went in requesting in blind, and went in reading the same way. But in a way, I was in the same mental state as the characters at the beginning, they knew nothing about the bizarre situation that they are in.

Unexpectedly wonderful, for a reason that I can't exactly pinpoint; I caught myself laughing a couple of times. This book is dark, and I personally tend to stay away from dark novels, but you can remain assured that you are allowed to laugh at the absurdity of it, if you're in the mood.

This is a highly under-rated book that I will personally be blowing my trumpet about to all of my friends. It deserves my vote of honest appreciation to the debut author and plot-driven that Lane has absolutely mastered.

The only reason why I gave it 4 stars is because there were two love tropes that I just CAN'T stand. For example: the best-friend-turns-to-lover play and the i-hate-you-to-now-i-love-you thing. Man, that really gets on my nerves when I see it in virtually every YA book that I encountered and this was sadly no exception.

Overall, this book really sucked me into the story completel. Distractions and time constraints aside, I felt completely engrossed in the plot-driven story and invested in half of the characters lives and futures.

*I've been sent an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review/opinion.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment