Monday, April 4, 2016

From three years...to now!

Since I was 3 years old, I would read any book that I could get my hands on. The most memorable teacher who I ever met, was my elementary library teacher, Mrs.B who introduced to the only worthwhile skill in my school career. As a career plan, I have decided to dedicate my life to becoming a librarian, spending hours organizing shelves and helping other kids discover their love for books, which brings smiles to their face and joy to my heart.

 But today I took that first step, and decided to enter into the book blog community, and really dedicate my time and energy into this site. I hope that this will grow in its community, and as a result I will be even more passionate and ready to explore the world of books!

There will be reviews here, TBR lists, Audible recommendations, and various Goodreads updates! If you have come across this site, by accident or recommendation, I sincerely welcome you to the journey of my piles and piles of books!

Here is my Goodreads link, this is my absolute favorite website ever for searching for books!  goodreads.com/Marsianomo

If anyone is interested, here are the books that I'm currently reading:

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community! I am looking forward to seeing a lot more of your posts in the future, M :) nd also, I just loved The House of Scorpion back when I read it. The Knife of Letting Go is on my TBR as well :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deanie! Your blog was the first ever book blog that I have ever been exposed to, and it opened up a whole new world and network of groups. :)

      Ahh, The House of the Scorpion was great, I would say that it's a five star read for me. The Knife of Letting Go, I liked it, (didn't love it) and I definitely know that it's not for everyone to read... but hopefully you will find some joy out of reading it. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Marcelina, welcome to the wonderful world of book blogging! Though I grew up reading, I'm sometimes envious of those that grew up with teachers and librarians that recommended them books. I'm glad that you were fortunate enough to have a book-loving teacher. The House of the Scorpion is a great book. I'm hoping to finally post the review as it is one of the many unfinished posts in my draft folder that I'm determined to clear out this year. The Knife of Never Letting Go has been on my TBR list for awhile, so I couldn't pass up buying it when the ebook was on sale a couple of weeks back. Let's get this community going...just followed you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I also for the past three summers have volunteered in my library and have grown quite close with the head librarian, which is why I aspire to become a librarian as a job when I'm a bit older.

      Thanks for all of the encouragement, it really means a lot for me!(Cause you're my 1st follower!)

      Delete